Two important management lessons I learnt from a 500 Naira note.

Two important management lessons I learnt from a 500 Naira note.

By Harmeenart in 26 May 2016 | 10:47
Harmeenart Harmeenart

Harmeenart Harmeenart

Student
Faithful User
Forums Best User
Forum Loyal User
1. It happened some time ago. I was in an audience listening to a motivational speaker. The speaker got out his wallet & pulled out a 500 Naira note. Holding it up, he asked, "Who wants this 500 naira note?"
Lots of hands went up. Including mine. A slow chorus began to build as people began to shout "Me!" "Me!" I began to wonder who the lucky one would be who the speaker would choose. And I also secretly wondered (and I am sure others did too ) why he would simply give away 500
naira. Even as the shouts of "I want it" grew louder, I noticed a young woman running down the aisle. She ran up onto the stage, went up to the speaker, and grabbed the five 500 naira note from his hand.
"Well done, young lady," said the speaker into the microphone.
The speaker simply say "Most of us just sit and wait for good things to happen. That's of no use. You've got to make
things happen. Make a move" 'Simply thinking about doing something is of no use and not gud enough'. Our lives are like that. We all see opportunities around us. We all want the good things. But the problem is we don't take action. We all want the 500 naira notes on
offer. But we don't make the move. We look at it longingly.
Get up, and do something about it. Don't worry about what other people might
think.
Take action.
2. Later, the speaker got another 500 naira note and held it up for all to see, I thought I knew what's up.
But he just asked a simple question. "How much is this worth?" "Five Hundred naira!"
the crowd yelled in unison.
"Right," said the speaker. He then took the note and crumpled it into a ball and asked "How much is it worth
now?" "Five Hundred naira!" screamed the audience. He then threw the note on the ground, stamped all over it and picked up the note and asked one more time: "And how much is it worth now?"
"Five Hundred naira!" was the response.
"I want you to remember this," said the speaker. "Just because someone crumples it, or stamps on it, the value of the
note does not diminish. We should all be like the 500 naira note. In our lives, there will be times when we feel
crushed, stamped over,
beaten. But never let your self-worth diminish. Just because someone chooses to crush you, that doesn't change your worth one bit!
Don't allow your self-worth to diminish because someone says something nasty or does something dirty to you
" Never let your self-worth diminish.
26 May 2016 | 10:47
0 Likes

Dis is awesome
26 May 2016 | 10:53
0 Likes
Nice
26 May 2016 | 11:05
0 Likes
Thanks foq sharing your lesson. learnt from it
26 May 2016 | 11:06
0 Likes
Nice
26 May 2016 | 11:12
0 Likes
Nice
26 May 2016 | 11:38
0 Likes
Good lesson
26 May 2016 | 11:45
0 Likes
waw dis great
26 May 2016 | 11:49
0 Likes
Cool
26 May 2016 | 11:49
0 Likes
wow nice one
26 May 2016 | 12:03
0 Likes
Its not enough for wanting something... Noted.
26 May 2016 | 12:25
0 Likes
Nice one
26 May 2016 | 12:29
0 Likes
Good one
26 May 2016 | 12:51
0 Likes
WOW Wot A Lesson
26 May 2016 | 12:53
0 Likes
very important...
26 May 2016 | 13:04
0 Likes
Seen this b4
26 May 2016 | 13:50
0 Likes
cool write up
26 May 2016 | 14:22
0 Likes

Please describe about the report short and clearly.

(234) 9121762581
[email protected]

GDPR

When you visit any of our websites, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and manage your preferences. Please note, that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.